Driver Trainer (South Africa)
To conduct Driver training for all drivers transiting South Africa in accordance with the company training needs and procedures. You are to ensure that the professionalism and competencies of our drivers meet all
safety and procedural requirements and to ensure 100% validity (in date) training requirements of company drivers.
Deliver PUP Trailer Training
Deliver Downhill Driving Technique Training
Conduct Annual Defensive Driver Training
Conduct Driver Probation Reviews
Maintain auditable training records as per Company procedures
To assist with the execution and delivery of the following supporting functions in order to add value and support the company’s continuous improvement initiatives.
– Deliver Daily Driver Tool Box Talks
– Conduct Road Patrol Inspections
– Train and mentor Port Loading Supervisor
– Assist with fuel consumption reviews and assessments
– Assist with Driver training as required in Zambia and Namibia when required
Accountabilities & Responsibility Areas
You will be reporting directly to the Lead Zambian Driver Trainer for all training requirements and priorities in accordance with the training plan. In addition to your direct reporting line, you will be required to interface with the following on a daily basis:
– Durban Workshop Supervisor – resolve driver fault reporting issues & fuel issues
– Durban Loading Supervisor – resolve driver safe loading issues
– Zambia Driver Management – assist with driver discipline & welfare issues
Formal Training/Education & Experience.
– Hold current and valid Code 14 Driving License.
– Defensive Driving Experience / Certification.
– Supervisory & coaching experience
– 10 years or more experience truck driving – specifically with synchromesh gearbox and exhaust brake controls
– English Speaker